"Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways."
Oscar Wilde

February 3, 2011

Neutral Is as Neutral Does

 Well as recommend by the lovely smatz (check out her fashion blog, she knows her stuff) I went with a Sally Hansen Salon Series polish.  I already had this one in my collection AND it satisfied my neutral craving.  Perfect.  Considering how wonderfully this polish applies I'm a little surprised I don't have more from this line.  Also I absolutely love this color.  It's called Gray by Gray and it lives up to its name.  Depending on the light I'm in, the subtle color of the gray changes.  Here it looks more bluish, but in some lights it has more of a green tone, and in others more of a purple.  It's fabulous.




Also BTW's before I put this polish on I tried out another one of my xmas presents!  It's a nail buffing kit from my mom.  Now the nail buffers I've seen before look like little blocks where each side has a differently grained "sand paper." You start on the coarsest side and work your way around until your nails are nice and shiny.  This isn't that.  This kit is a cream with minuscule granules in it.  You place it on each nail and then with a suede buffer pad you rub the cream into your nail.  Then wash off and VOILA! Beautiful shiny nails.  The thumb on the left is buffed, the one on the right is not.

1 comment:

  1. hey, thanks for the link!! :) i adore you!

    how many more minutes until i can borrow that buffing kit?!?!?! Ladies Who Lacquer! We NEED to -- it's for your blog's own good!

    ReplyDelete