"Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways."
Oscar Wilde

December 9, 2010

Ghosts of Christmas Past Part I

This green nail polish, Emerald City  by Sally Hansen, was a polish I bought last year for the holiday season.  I felt like red was too traditional a color of nail polish to really qualify for holiday status.  So I bought this green.  I have to say it turned out better this year.  It has a shimmer to it, which leaves brush strokes, so you have to be really careful.  Last year I must have been horrible at putting it on because I thought it looked like cartoon boogers on my nails.  This year not so bad.  Anyway, so last year I immediately took it off and went out to buy a different color. Which I will show in my next post.  I thought that this early holiday season would be a good time to show my older holiday colors.  For this year I hope to get one of the OPI Burlesque glitters.  If not I have Glitzerland which is part of this year's winter collection and will suffice.
Glitzerland

2 comments:

  1. I thought I should mention that you should be proud of me. Adam actually got me to get my nails professionally done for the holidays. I even have littel snowflakes on my thumbnails. They have this new thing at the place I went to- it's a nail polish that hardens like a gel, but still comes off with nail polish remover. I couldn't chip this stuff if I wanted to! You should check it out, though I don't remember what it's called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOooo!! I am proud of you. The snowflakes sound awesome! I think I know what you are talking about. OPI's version is called Axxium and there is another by some other brand called Shallac (I think). I've never tried it though. Sounds cool!!

    ReplyDelete